Excellence in Environmental/Sustainability Award
The Excellence in Environmental/Sustainability Project award recognizes a project that demonstrates significant, measurable milestones in any of the following:
- energy efficiency
- health and wellness
- sustainable purchasing
- best practices in waste management
- best practices in water management
- sustainable best practices for redevelopment that measurably improve or reduce impacts to natural resources or on behalf of the people that inhabit buildings or communities
This award supports the MNCREW values of Excellence, Leadership, Community and Impact.
The judging panel will use the following attributes to rank, review and discuss Excellence in Environmental/Sustainability Project nominations:
- Degree to which the project met the goals of key stakeholders
- Number of relevance of sustainable certifications received
- Newness of innovative strategies or technologies used
- Success of overcoming obstacles or challenges
- Impact on the environment, community and/or people
Excellence in Environmental/Sustainability Project Award Submission
A complete nomination includes the following:
- Describe how the environmental and sustainability attributes strategically align with the client’s and/or key stakeholders’ goals.
- Describe any special design impacts such as:
- WELL Building or other wellness certification
- Smart Cities
- any clean-up certifications achieved
- Describe any innovative strategies or technologies used.
- Describe grants received (if applicable).
- Describe any obstacles and how the team collaborated to solve them.
- Describe the measurable benefits, impacts and outcomes to the environment and/or stakeholders.
- Provide any testimonials available from the client or other key stakeholders.
- 1 – 6 photos that highlight the environmental and/or sustainability elements (PNG or JPG; 16 MB limit for each file)