Economic & Community Improvement Award
The Economic & Community Improvement award honors MNCREW members who participate in a real estate project that transforms the built environment and transforms and/or revitalizes a neighborhood or community, often beyond the boundaries of the project. This award showcases the critical impact real estate development can have on the lives of real people in our communities. A new real estate project can inspire and provide hope in a community, house important programs or deliver services or provide jobs.
This award supports the MNCREW values of Community, Impact and Leadership.
The judging panel will use the following attributes to rank, review and discuss the Economic and Community Improvement nominations.
- Size of the project/transaction in dollars and square feet (a larger project doesn’t necessarily equate to a larger impact)
- Comparison of before and after of the project and surrounding area, using photos and measurable outcomes
- Comparison of the communities served with the project, including an evaluation of where the need was greater
- Impact of measurable outcomes, including aesthetic improvement, community served, jobs provided, etc.
- Relevance and number of grants received
- Evidence of community or stakeholder impact (including reviewing testimonials or measurable outcomes)
Economic & Community Improvement Award Nomination
A complete nomination includes the following:
- Describe how the project impacted and improved the community and/or economy with measurable outcomes achieved or anticipated achievements in the following categories or more as they fit the project
- aesthetic improvement of physical surroundings
- community served
- jobs provided and/or created
- provide a home for community services and/or programs
- increase in economic impact through real estate taxes
- Describe the economically distressed or disadvantaged community (if applicable).
- List and describe of grants received (if applicable).
- Testimonials from the client or other key stakeholders (if available)
- 1 – 6 photos showing before and after conditions of the project area (PNG or JPG; 16 MB limit for each file)