The Benefits of Advance Care Planning
Advance Care Planning (ACP) is a process of thinking about, talking about, and documenting your preferences and goals for future medical care. It helps others know what type of medical care you want. This presentation will answer these questions: Why is an ACP and completing a health care directive important? How do I begin the process? What if I have specific wishes to convey due to COVID-19?
In this presentation you’ll receive:
- A navigational tour of the Minnesota health care directive
- Sources from Honoring Choices Minnesota to help you:
- Consider who you would like to speak for you if you could not
- Understand life-sustaining treatment options in general and in light of COVID-19
- Clarify your wishes for care and treatment
- and more...
An advance directive also allows you to express your values and desires related to end-of-life care. You might think of it as a living document—one that you can adjust as your situation changes because of new information or a change in your health.
Date: Monday, March 1, 2021
Time: 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Location: Online via Zoom
Price: $15 Members, $25 Non-Members