The power of the Google-Suite is at your fingertips...but how exactly do they all work?
There is a significant amount of mystery regarding the entire collection of services that are available to Gmail and Google users. The questions about these services include: What do that do? What do they offer? How do they compare to the tools from Microsoft and others?
In this workshop, we will define, review and briefly demonstrate the following Google Services:
- Contacts – Manage your contacts, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers.
- Calendar – Keep a calendar
- Drive – Store and backup files and documents in the Google cloud.
- Docs – Word Processing Functions to write and format documents. Compare to Microsoft Word.
- Photos – Store your digital photos in the Google cloud.
- Sheets – Create spreadsheets. Compare to Microsoft Excel.
- Slides – Create a slide deck for a presentation. Compare to Microsoft PowerPoint.
These services are all included with your Gmail or Google account and can be used without fees. We will also explore the tradeoff you make to use these services from Google remembering that there is no such thing as a free lunch!
Finally, we will curate links and resources that can help you learn these tools and apply them to your business and personal efforts.
This class is for all users of laptops, PC’s, smartphones or tablets with an expanding online digital life. There are two core groups of computer users this workshop is most relevant to:
1. Gmail users who use their Gmail account mostly for email for would like to explore more services.
2. Users of other email platforms (Hotmail, AOL, Yahoo or Comcast) that would like to explore these Google Services but do not want to switch email providers.
After the session, you will have access to the resources found on the SeniorTechClub.com website. There you will find lessons specifically developed for older adults. Use the online site to review class topics and explore lessons on other topics.
Dates: May 10, 2021
Location: Online with Zoom
Price: $15 Members, $25 Non-Members
Evening Virtual Classroom: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Register early. Seating is limited for these interactive, hands-on events.