Virtual Assistants like Siri, Alexa and Google Assistant are showing up in more devices in your homes every day. These virtual assistants appear as a cross between your friend, your servant, your helpful companion and sidekick. Each of the platforms are amazingly capable.
This workshop will help you make the most of your personal virtual assistant.
The learning agenda in this workshop includes:
- Help you identify the platforms you have available in your smartphones and devices.
- Learn the best way to talk to your device. Hint, Minnesota nice isn’t great here.
- Explore common capabilities including questions, trivia, communication, information, productivity, music and home automation.
- Examine the privacy concerns around the platforms.
- Examine how you extend the capabilities of the various platforms.
Finally, we’ll learn how to have fun with our virtual assistants. They can be fun and funny if you know how to tickle them with the right words.
This class is for all users of smartphones or devices that use Apple Siri, Google Assistant (Android) or Amazon Alexa. After the session, you will have access to the resources found on the SeniorTechClub.com website. There you will find lessons specifically developed for older adults. Use the online site to review class topics and explore lessons on other topics.
Date: Wednesday, March 24, 2021
Time: 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Location: Online via Zoom
Price: $15 Members, $25 Non-Members