Team-Teach is a method of developing acceptable and authorised responses to disruptive, disturbing, angry and aggressive behaviours in a manner that maintains positive relationships and provides safety for all.
The aims of this Team-Teach One Day Course for Mainstream Schools are:
- To promote effective, safe, verbal, non-verbal, positive and protective responses to behaviour management.
- To provide an accredited training framework designed to reduce risk
- Develop and reinforce de-escalation skills within the context of a holistic approach to positive handling and behaviour management
- Help extend the skills and techniques necessary for safe positive handling and physical interventions
- Explore issues around current guidance, documentation, policy and legal guidelines
At the end of the Course, you will:
- Feel more confident and competent in your management of disruptive and "challenging" behaviours.
- Be able to implement de-escalation techniques to reduce the number of serious incidents.
- Have trained with an extremely experienced Team-Teach Tutor and Teacher, thus providing you with high-quality training and knowledge.
- This training will enable you to take away tools and ideas to aid communication with children and young people.
- You will have the opportunity to learn in a safe, high-quality training environment, where learning is enjoyable.