This is a 2-day intensive training certification course - Day 1 will be a half-day online, and Day 2 will be all-day in-person. There's a "study" day in between the training days, and students are encouraged to use the time to prepare for the in-person portion.
November 7 (8:30am - 12:30pm EST) - Day 1 is a half-day online (via Zoom) training and focuses on the latest developments on approaches to Net Zero/Ready homes with a focus on the best practices used in modelling these homes using HOT2000.
EAs will learn the program modelling procedures and guidelines - which reflects the advancements in technology and innovations in the housing industry.
November 9 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST) - Day 2 is a full-day in-person training, taking place at Angus Glen Golf Club (Markham) and the in-person component is a requirement as part of the 2-day training. Students will be asked to bring their laptops to continue working on the Modelling Exercise, and our instructor will continue through the training materials.
- Current Registered Energy Advisor with NRCan, Experience working with Hot2000 software with required
- Proficiency in HOT2000 (v11.11) and software installed on your computer
- Successfully completed 50 or more Energy Assessments, or more than 1 year experience as an EA
- Completed the Advanced Building Science training certification
- Completed the CHBA Net Zero Builder training certification
**As a reminder, you will need the updated HOT2000 (ver 11.1) Software installed on your laptop/computer for the session.