Understanding Holland Interest Theory and Practical Applications
Start Date: June 8, 2024
End Date: July 13, 2024
Participation: 5-week Commitment
Contact Hours: 15 CCE-approved contact hours *CCE approved for GCDF
Course Fee: $429
Instructor: Jim Peacock
Format: Online, asynchronous class with no set times to participate. (Times shown are only to conform to the registration system format.)
Limited to 10 career service providers to produce the best online discussions
This seminar explores the Holland Interest theory, the #1 career interest theory in the world for assisting people in understanding the world of work. Holland is trait-factor theory that simply states that “if you like to do these kinds of activities, then you will most likely enjoy these types of jobs." We will explore the 6 Holland types, take at least 3 Holland based assessments, and explore what works and what does not work at times with this theory.
We will also explore practical free websites and activities you can do with your clients using the Holland theory. The Missouri occupation interest card sort is included in this seminar.
- Payment in full is due at least one week prior to seminar beginning unless other arrangements have been made.
- Cancellations must be in writing, email is preferred.
- Cancellations less than 1 week before seminar begins will result in $50 fee. The remaining amount will be sent to you within 2 weeks from receipt of cancellation request.
- If Peak-Careers cancels the seminar, a full refund will be granted
- Cancellations once seminar begins – no refund.
*For Credit Card purchases only. Due to changes in PayPal's User Agreement where-by PayPal still charges me their ~3% fee when refunding, the refund will be subtracted from your refund.
Learn more here