Late last year we conducted a Customer Satisfaction Survey and I wanted to share some reflections with you, our customers, on what we learned.
Swagelok continues to be driven by 6 core values established by our founder, with two of those being Customer Focus and Continuous Improvement. We take your feedback from these surveys very seriously and the overall findings were shared with our Sales and Internal teams to enable us to:
- Promptly address specific action items -
- Our sales team has been meeting with customers who asked to learn more about a service offering or communicated a service issue they experienced. For example, our Buffalo office manager, Josh Ozug, joined one of our sales associates on a visit to a customer who expressed some concerns about product availability. The meeting helped Josh to better understand the customer’s concerns, directly address them and explain what positive measures had already been implemented.
- Implement any necessary process improvements -
- Not surprisingly, product availability and lead times were top of mind for many respondents. We understand the importance of avoiding down time, thus we have always followed Swagelok’s proactive stocking strategy such as forecasting and placing tubing orders 12 months out. But, following our practice of Continuous Improvement, we are looking for ways to improve availability.
We are now forecasting tubing needs 18 months out and actively placing orders. Last Monday we received 8 cases of stainless-steel tubing from orders placed months ago.
To increase order picking efficiencies for our shipping team, we are now stocking our most commonly ordered tubing on a new rack placed closest to our loading dock. In addition, we purchased 2 large, mobile tube staging units and moved our Scotsman cold saw from the assembly area to the tubing storage area (you can see our progress in the below message regarding facility tours).
We expect these changes to improve product availability and lead times.
- Personally Recognize associates who were specifically identified for providing a Differentiated Customer Experience -
- There were numerous comments acknowledging individual SWNY associates for going above and beyond for customers. All comments were shared across the organization. We greatly appreciate those who took the time to provide these comments as our team takes great pride in providing a Differentiated Customer Experience and such acknowledgement goes a long way.
Net Promoter Score = 85
We are again proud and humbled to have received a Net Promoter Score of 85 - based upon the scores provided for the question, ‘how likely are you to recommend Swagelok WNY’ (a score of 70 is considered exceptional across all industries).
Swagelok WNY has improved this customer rating from an 82 two years ago, which hopefully indicates our focus on customer satisfaction is working out…and, we will keep at it!
- Customer Service, Swagelok’s Products, Response Time and Knowledge of Associates were the reasons cited most often in providing the above NPS score.
- Product Quality and Availability tied for most important to respondents. This speaks to Swagelok’s commitment to quality and the strength of its proactive stocking strategy.
- Increased demand for trainings – There were numerous requests for tube bending, valve selection, fitting installation, and orbital weld training.....good news, we can help with all of these! This is probably the result of the increasing amount of new hires companies are adding as well as a desire for training refreshers for existing teams.
- Product and Service awareness – From some customer comments it appears you would like more communication on new products and service offerings. So… we’ve created a new interactive line card that provides an ‘at-a-glance’ view of our complete offering of Products, Services and Solutions.
Lastly, a thank you goes out to those who participated in the survey. Swagelok WNY donated $10 per completed survey to the below organizations so you all played a part in helping our communities.
- Red Cross
- Salvation Army
- United Way
Thank you for your business.....
President – Swagelok Western NY