Plan, organize and control production to ensure that goods are produced efficiently, on time within budget and to standard
- Implement and control the production schedule
- Manage human and material resources to meet production targets
- Make decisions about equipment use, maintenance, modification and procurement
- Implement standard operating procedures for production operations
- Responsible for the overall performance of plant equipment and routine maintenance as assigned
- Diagnosing the source of a problem and perform necessary repairs
- Enforce policies for plant inspection
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and organize necessary interventions for improvement
- Complete productions orders and required paperwork effectively and efficiently
- Process daily reports and maintain production files
- Maintain organization and cleanliness throughout the production facility
- Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments including procurement, distribution and management
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Effective oral and written communications in English.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance
- Knowledge of machines and tools
- Knowledge of engineering and technology principles and practices
- Computer literate – block production software experience helpful although not necessary
- Knowledge of block production operations
- Clean drivers license
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to tactfully handle difficult situations by using good judgment.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Analytical skills and good judgment
Performance standards for this position are met when:
- Quality and production goals are met
- Efficiency, capacity and production goals are met or exceeded
- Intra-company communications are open and constructive.
The Production Manager will be evaluated according to the following criteria.
- Production quality and plant operations
- All safety standards are followed.
- Efficiency, capacity, schedule and production goals are met or exceeded