ABOUT CITYMARK CAPITAL:
Citymark Capital is a privately held, SEC registered real estate investment firm/fund manager investing on behalf of its institutional investors. Citymark Capital specializes in investments in multi-family, value-add, acquisition projects in top U.S. markets generated by its national network of institutional multifamily operating partners.
Citymark Capital is seeking a senior executive to help grow the company’s multi-family structured capital markets presence and offerings. The Managing Director of Capital Markets will leverage Citymark’s existing fund management platform to accelerate the company’s growth as a capital solutions provider by strategically investing Citymark existing fund capital and attracting new third-party investor capital in preferred equity, mezzanine debt and common equity structures.
The successful candidate will bring experience structuring, negotiating, and pricing market-clearing investments across the entire capital stack from senior debt to common equity through multiple market cycles. Additionally, the successful candidate will enhance Citymark’s existing national platform by bringing a robust, national network of capital providers across the capital stack and will help optimize senior debt structures on Citymark’s underlying multifamily investments.
The position will require teamwork and coordination with the established Citymark Investments and Investor Relations teams to direct each structured investment to the most appropriate capital sources from Citymark’s growing list of investors: discretionary funds, co-investments, and direct placements. It is expected that the successful candidate will also have a robust network of capital market trading partners and institutional investors to provide ongoing feedback on prevailing market conditions, opportunities to partner on transactions and attract investor capital.
This position presents an exciting opportunity for a high-energy individual to add value to a collaborative, dynamic team at an established, growing real estate private equity platform. The ideal candidate will be meticulous, self-motivated, technologically fluent, have a strong work ethic, commitment to success, and consistently represent the company with professionalism, polish
and astute judgement in interactions with all clientele and business partners.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Structuring market clearing investments and portfolio transactions sourced by Citymark’s Investments team
- Optimizing overall capital structures, maximizing investor return while minimizing overall risk
- Negotiating and closing individual investments, demonstrating a deep understanding of appropriate legal documentation that protects Citymark’s investment position
- Building Citymark’s presence and trading platform in national and global capital markets by identifying potential trading partners for Citymark’s investments
- Leveraging existing and future business contacts, identifying potential investors for Citymark funds and other investment vehicles
- Maintaining professionalism, strict confidentiality, and exercising impeccable discretion
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Driven, self-starter with 15 years of experience in origination and placement of real estate investments across the capital stack through multiple market cycles
- Deep knowledge and national relationships in real estate capital markets
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA preferred
- Broad global network of institutional banks and finance companies
- Experience in trading in distressed assets
- Management experience building teams and designing strategy
- Personable, courteous, and confident in personal interactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- High level of self-management and critical thinking skills
- Strong time management skills and the ability to remain organized while balancing multiple tasks
- Strong computer skills and overall technological fluency, including Microsoft Office Suite
- CRM software management experience preferred
Citymark Capital is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status or any other category protected by law. Citymark Capital is a drug and tobacco free workplace.
Chosen candidate may be required to receive the COVID 19 vaccine, to the extent permitted by law.