Submit your application today.
NEXUS is seeking forward thinking, industry-aware members who bring diversity of thought to apply for service on the Board of Directors for a two-year term or a three-year term beginning on January 1, 2023.
Benefits of serving on NEXUS’ Board of Directors?
- Take part in a significant role in guiding NEXUS’ strategic direction for the benefit of members
- Enhance the value of the Association to the Southern New Jersey REALTOR® community
- Access information about challenges and opportunities facing our industry and the Association
- Exchange ideas and perspectives with other members in a collaborative setting
Who would you work with on the Board of Directors?
NEXUS’ Board of Directors is composed of brokers and salespersons who are members of the Association and are committed to its excellence as a regional real estate resource. There is also a Non-REALTOR® Director, who is appointed not elected, chosen because of their expertise pertaining to matters relating to the real estate industry.
What are the qualifications for the position?
- You must be a member in good standing of the NEXUS Association of REALTORS®.
Other criteria considered by the Nominating Committee include:
- Experience as a real estate practitioner (3 or more years preferred)
- A record of demonstrated commitment to and involvement in industry organizations
- Comfortable with technology
- A global perspective on industry issues and concerns (attends/participates in national/state/local industry conferences and meetings)
- The ability to work collaboratively and engage in appropriate debate and discussion
- Committed to attending bi-monthly and special meetings of the NEXUS Board of Directors
How do you apply?*
If you’d like the NEXUS Nominating Committee to consider you for a Director position on the Board of Directors, please submit your application to Vernon Jones, NEXUS’ Chief Operating Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, June 24, 2022 . The election process will take place in accordance with Article XI, Section 4 of the Nexus Association of REALTORS® Bylaws.
- June 24: Deadline to submit letter of interest
- July 18: Nominating Committee interviews candidates
- August 27: Slate of candidates selected by Nominating Committee posted on Association website no later than this date
- October 28: Annual Election (if required)
*The NEXUS Board of Directors serves in a volunteer capacity and members may be reimbursed for reasonable expenses incurred in carrying out their responsibilities subject to NEXUS policies and/or prior approval by the Board of Directors.