The Student Activities Committee oversees a variety of professional activities appealing to the student members of the New England Chapter. Past webinars have included: Make Progress + End 2020 Strong During Changing Times & Put Your Degree to Work: Career Paths in Health Informatics. We provide leadership and volunteer opportunities to compliment the classroom experience, including the Annual Student Poster Contest. In addition, the Student Activities Committee continues to promote good relations with students, faculty and staff within the HIT community. Please note that we are always accepting new members! Responsibilities include:
- Annual webinars/programming
- Annual NE HIMSS Conference Student Poster Contest
- Academic Organizational Affiliate Outreach to current members
In addition to the great programs our Student Activities Committee organize, there are other opportunities for emerging professionals:
- The New England HIMSS Scholarship program
- Professional Certification - The Certified Associate in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CAHIMS) is the most respected and recognized entry-level certification program for healthcare IT professionals.
- Networking and Professional Events - New England HIMSS hosts monthly educational events which provide an opportunity for Heath IT professionals to network and learn about relevant topics impacting the Health IT industry. Student registration is always FREE.
- Expanding NE HIMSS support of Emerging Professionals, those with five years or less experience in Healthcare IT, is part of the HIMSS's strategic plan.
We encourage all Healthcare IT students to become student members NE HIMSS.