ABOUT CITYMARK CAPITAL:
Citymark Capital is a privately held, SEC registered real estate investment firm/fund manager investing on behalf of its institutional investors. Citymark Capital specializes in investments in multi-family, value-add, acquisition projects in top U.S. markets generated by its national network of institutional multifamily operating partners.
Citymark Capital is seeking an experienced real estate asset/portfolio manager with prior experience working for a lending institution, private equity fund manager or fund advisor to lead Citymark’s Asset Management team as Managing Director. This leader will oversee Citymark Capital’s rapidly growing portfolio of multifamily investments and build an asset management team that is capable of managing risk and optimizing economic returns to investors. The candidate must have a proven track record of managing a portfolio of equity investments and restructuring and managing distressed debt investments. Knowledge of property operations and leasing is highly preferred. In addition, the ideal leader will thrive in a highly collaborative environment and have demonstrated success in attracting, developing and retaining teammates.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- As a member of the firm’s Management team, develop and drive business strategies for sustainable growth and cultivate an energizing and rewarding work environment.
- Develop multiyear strategic plan for Citymark portfolio to maximize investment returns.
- Identify opportunities to invest in distressed debt and then manage the investments to maximize return through loan payoffs, loan extensions, or asset foreclosure and subsequent sale.
- Assist in the acquisition of all individual and portfolio investments, including JV equity, preferred equity, mezzanine debt, and senior note purchases.
- Monitor market trends to inform Citymark’s asset management strategy.
- Design and execute talent strategy to ensure Citymark’s asset management team is well positioned for the current portfolio and to drive future strategies.
- Evaluate and implement development/redevelopment, leasing, capital improvement, and repositioning programs.
- Regularly monitor the business and leasing plans, operating budgets, and performance for each multifamily investment, including review and approval of capital expenditures throughout the life of the asset and property visits when appropriate.
- Proactively identify, develop strategies, and manage risks with asset events, individual assets, and overall portfolio of investments.
- Execute quarterly and annual “mark-to-market” of assets in conjunction with our policy and audit requirements.
- Develop and review reporting, budgets, and performance of assets and portfolio.
- Monitor third-party management agreements and performance to protect investment.
- Collaborate with the Investor Relations team to provide portfolio performance data and complete investor questionnaires.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s and/or advanced degrees or certifications in Real Estate, Business, Accounting, or Finance strongly preferred.
- MBA, JD, CPA, or CFA preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in the real estate or lending/banking industry, preferably in the private equity commercial real estate sector, or multifamily real estate, with focus on investment and portfolio management. Experience in loan workout strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical, underwriting, and financial modeling skills and deep understanding of real estate fundamentals.
- Excellent verbal, research, and written communication and presentation skills.
- Highly competent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Familiarity with property management software and systems (e.g., Business Intelligence, RealPage, Yardi) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to attract and develop talent.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategy with appropriate attention to detail.
- Experience with portfolio management software preferred.
- Ability to proactively identify risks.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on a team.
- Ability to understand and negotiate legal documents that underlie each transaction.
Citymark Capital is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Citymark Capital is a drug and tobacco free workplace.