Grab your lunch and join members of the Ann Arbor 2030 District, Washtenaw Contractors Association, and AIA Huron Valley as we dig into the details of decarbonizing our built environment!!
This FREE, monthly virtual series explores strategies to implement the A2 Zero Carbon Neutrality Plan in the Commercial, Multi-family and Institutional Building Sector. Each session will have a keynote speaker and an array of panelists from our community and beyond. We'll meet the second Tuesday of each month at Noon. (1 AIA LU/HSW per session)
On November 4, 2019, the Ann Arbor City Council unanimously passed a resolution which formally declared a “climate emergency,” and set 2030 as an “ambitious and achievable” carbon neutrality target. To follow up, City staff developed a carbon neutrality plan with the assistance of dozens of technical advisors, the input from hundreds of community partners and the support of expert consultants.
The plan calls for:
- powering our electrical grid with 100% clean and renewable energy
- reducing the miles we travel in our vehicles by at least 50%;
- switching our building systems, appliances and vehicles from gasoline, diesel, propane, and natural gas to electric;
- significantly improving the energy efficiency in our homes, businesses, schools, places of worship, and recreational sites;
- significantly changing the way we use, reuse, and dispose of materials;
- enhancing the resilience of our people and place.
For more information on the A2 Zero Carbon Neutrality Plan, visit: www.a2cp.org