The New England HIMSS Chapter Advocacy Committee helps build grassroots support throughout each New England state. Grassroots outreach is an essential part of our advocacy network to establish strong, local advocacy networks that can be kept current as policy issues change.
We are seeking advocacy leader volunteers to join our Committee. You will work within your state and community in an effort to educate and build "friends" among opinion leaders and lawmakers in your state and districts.
As a member of the Committee you will lead and direct healthcare legislative, regulatory, and policy initiatives for the chapter. These efforts are designed to improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of patient care through the application of information technology and management systems across the healthcare spectrum.
- Organize visits and other avenues of frequent communication with state and federal elected officials.
- Speak to local media about key policy and advocacy issues.
- Attend HIMSS-sponsored advocacy training and message development sessions.
- Working with the HIMSS Chapter Advocacy Roundtable and/committee members to create an advocacy action plan specific to your community.
- Keeping members Chapter Board informed about campaign efforts.
- Recruit Chapter volunteers and other community leaders to join the campaign.
HIMSS current Advocacy and Public Policy initiatives are designed to achieve:
- Supporting Care Transformation
- Expanding Access to High Quality Care
- Increasing Economic Opportunity
- Making Communities Healthier