This year, two $1,500 scholarships will be awarded to North East Welch Federal Credit Union members. One scholarship will be awarded to a member graduating high school and one scholarship will be awarded to a member currently enrolled full time at a vocational or tech school, college, or university. If funding allows, more than two scholarships may be awarded.
Criteria – must meet the following requirements to apply:
- Current member of North East Welch FCU. Membership must be maintained during the school year to receive funds. Must be in good standing with North East Welch FCU.
- Be enrolled full time at a vocational or tech school, college, or university.
- Attach typed 300-500 word essay on the following subject: “Explain how you have helped a family member, a particular individual, or group in your community. Share the impact your support had on the family member, individual or group. Please provide specific examples.”
- Please be sure to cite all sources. If any portion of the essay is plagiarized, the entire application will be disqualified.
- The application will not be considered unless all information is completed in full by the deadline. Incomplete or late applications may not be considered.
Judging will be based on both subjective criteria and weighted, objective criteria. These include academic achievements, extracurricular and community activities, essay, etc.
Funds will be dispersed directly to the recipient’s college.
*Transcripts may be requested to ensure recipient is in good standing with college.
Scholarship applications must be returned by email to [email protected], dropped off at either office, or postmarked before April 30, 2023. No late applications will be accepted.
Applicants understand that their essay submissions may be used by North East Welch FCU in Member Communications, including but not limited to Social Media, emails, local newspapers, etc.
Please contact North East Welch FCU at 814-725-8190 with any questions.