In honor of Read Across America day, we are looking for volunteers to model read aloud practices by creating videos showcasing you reading a children's book in a fun, engaging way. These videos will be posted on our social media and YouTube channel for children to watch and enjoy!
A few tips:
- Your iPhone is all you need to create a fantastic video of you reading a book. Feel free to introduce yourself, ask questions aloud, and welcome students to your story time.
- Shoot your video in landscape (horizontally) to allow more room to show off the books illustrations.
- Frame your shot so that your face and shoulders fill most of the screen. We want our viewers to see our facial expressions and the book we are reading clearly!
- Books should be appropriate for children ages 3-5. If you need some suggestions on books to read in your story time, click here.
- Don’t have a children’s book on hand? Download an e-book to your tablet or laptop and record yourself reading from there!
Check out these example videos:
Once you have completed your video recording, upload your video here.
*By submitting a video, all participants consent to the use of their image or video in any future form(s) of publicity of United Way of Hall County, without further notice or compensation.
Deadline to send in a video is March 2, 2021.