Stories for Life
Transformative Storytelling for Wellbeing
As a live Storyteller Cara guides participants through a series of mindfulness and coaching techniques to unfold the wisdom potential of the story, facilitating transformative behaviour through renewed awareness of the choices available in our own unfolding stories.
Cara works with a range of stories from different cultures lending themselves to a variety of wellbeing themes including resilience, self-talk and our narratives, gratitude, moving beyond comfort zones, approaching change with curiosity, celebrating differences, the power of purpose, and the courage of vulnerability.
Wellbeing session overview
Participants will be guided through several experiential techniques, which may include:
- Forming a personal inquiry on an issue that would benefit from greater awareness, clarity and courage.
- Deep listening and a mindfulness exercise to connect with feelings and thoughts.
- Guided visualisation drawing on imagery within the story, to discover resources and gifts that support awareness and choice-making.
- Individual reflection time to connect more deeply with intuition and values.
- Reflection on coaching questions drawn from the archetypes in the story (e.g., the ‘old king’ represents the energy that provokes positive change, often in unwelcome ways. Participants may reflect on times when people or situations have pushed them out of their limiting beliefs or comfort zones).
If there is good psychological safety among participants, e.g., a team or leadership development cohort, we may include paired coaching conversations to provide support and challenge on a development or leadership issue.